I am passionate about helping others discover the joys of family travel and creating lifelong memories together.
My name is Catherine, and I am a travel enthusiast who loves exploring the world with my two kids, Liam (age 5) and Noah (age 3) and husband, Troy. I started this website to share my experiences and lessons learned while traveling with kids to help other parents plan low-stress, memorable family vacations.
As a parent, I understand the challenges that come with traveling with young children. However, I also know that traveling with kids can be a lot of fun and incredibly rewarding. With careful planning and preparation, you can create unforgettable memories with your family while discovering new places, cultures, and new things about each other.
My goal is to provide practical advice, recommendations, and inspiration for parents who want to travel with their children. Whether you are planning a road trip, a beach vacation, hikes, camping, or a city break, I have plenty of tips and tricks to help you make the most of your treasured family time.
We’ve been lucky to have explored over 25 States in the US with kids and 14 countries. I understand the importance of finding family-friendly activities, accommodations, and restaurants. Our destination guides can help you find the best options for your family.
Giving your children the opportunity to experience the world will help them grow them in ways that aren’t immediately observed. Meanwhile, witnessing it is immediately rewarding.
- Their curiosity will flourish through a variety of experiences and exposure to things unlike anything they’ve seen at home.
- Their minds will open up to infinite lifestyles, each with a unique richness of their own.
- Their problem solving skills will be nurtured as they watch you navigate unknowns and travel hiccups with logic and composure. They’ll make mistakes, and hopefully they’ll see you make mistakes and observe how you navigate tricky situations
- They’ll play with kids who they can’t communicate through language, but they can still PLAY – how beautiful is this to watch?
- They can curate their own adventure, depending on their interests
- They’ll start to adapt their behaviors based on situations – this versatility is invaluable.
ʏᴏᴜ’ʀᴇ ɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ɢɪꜰᴛ.🌎
Here’s what you can expect to find on our website:
A bit more about the Postcard Narrative Family
Our home base is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our eldest son is enrolled in a traditional school and we are bound to respect fixed PTO limits granted by an employer. As a result, we’ve learned to maximize every available day for exploring without breaking the bank.
Our two young children are troopers, 99% of the time, when we set out on our grand journeys or impulse adventures. And when they’re not, we have had to figure out how to approach our days differently and respond to tantrums.
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.”Saint Augustine